Thursday, May 6, 2010

"In a nutshell"---- who came up with that anyway?

This has been a semi-rough week. I started working. Michael started vocational rehab. By the time we both get home, we're exhausted(I realize that this is what normal adults do daily... but I'm new to "real" adult living).

Anyway, I'm tired of smiling at people. And I hate doing laundry after hanging up clothes that people have thrown on the floor all day. And Michael's brain hurts from taking difficult tests all day. so we sit on the couch and watch 9 by design. Or basketball.

But then God gently reminds me that I am incredibly blessed. He has provided me a job that I don't have to bring home with me with decent pay. And my husband is blessed with an opportunity to go to a place that works on his strengths and weaknesses and will eventually place him in a job that will allow him to succeed and provide for our family. And he feels so empowered. I love hearing his stories about his day when he comes home and how well he's done all day. For so long he's always heard, "you're extremely intellegent, Michael, buuut those with brain injuries blah blah blah." It's so good for him to hear, "you're amazing at 'this'. and 'this' is where you will succeed."

I have a mad case of baby fever. It needs to go away quickly. and return in about a year or so. enough said.

I've allowed myself 1 home renovation project per month. It gets a little pricey and time consuming when you try to do it all at once. And it's better for me to get something accomplished before I move on to the next big thing. So this month I'm refinishing our coffee table and two end tables. The were previously spray painted black, but I'm making them white with an antique finish.
..................................
.........................
.............
......
.

I had no idea how difficult this would be. I've had to strip them down. sand. strip some more. sand some more. paint. then antique. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but man... there's so much detail to these tables and I have to get in all those nooks and crannies.... eek. But I know I will be sooo proud of them when I'm finished. I will post a before and after for sure.

I'm tired. Tomorrow is my day off so I will be spending it cleaning. The furniture guys are coming in the morning to repair a tear in our couch so off to bed I go.

I will be updating this much more often.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm pretty sure "baby crazy" is something that just happens when you get married. Want to wait 2-3.5 years? We could go through it together ;) Haha...maybe by then you'll be ready for #2! ;) Anyway, the first few weeks of marriage seem like bliss because you see each other ALL the time and no one intrudes on your personal time unless you want them to...and then- reality hits. I promise it will get better and soon you will find the time again to be the happy newlyweds. Phillip and I had the whole summer together and I'm not going to lie, I was SO ready to go to work, haha. Just cherish the times you do have together and maybe some nights instead of tv, talk to each other, or play again. We do that it and really helps :) You can call/text/email/fb/tweet me if you ever need to talk!